Gran Caruso Costa d'Amalfi Red
Red wine with an intense ruby red color with violet hues and the scent of bacchus, spices, tobacco, with a full hot flavor and soft tannins.
• Geographical location of the vineyards: Ravello (Sa)
• Grapes: Aglianico and Piedirosso
• Density of plant: 5000 strains / ha
• Collection: October
Maceration at 20 ° C of the grapes and fermentation in special wine-makers for 15-20 days. Racking after alcoholic and malolactic fermentation, soft pressing of the pomace in order to extract the tannins that will bind better to the original color and aromas. Subsequently the wine passes into small French barriques for a maximum of six months and then rests in small stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 15 ° C. It is bottled in the year following the harvest.
• Alcohol: 13.50% - 14.00% based on harvest year
• Total acidity: 5.50 g / l
• Color: Intense ruby rosé with purple hues
• Scent: Red berries, spices, tobacco, in its evolved expression
• Taste: Full, warm with soft tannins
• Pairings: Ideal for first courses, meat and mature cheeses
• Serving temperature: 18-20 ° C